Event Template - Missing Information

Get your CiviCRM questions answered here!

Event Template - Missing Information

Postby Pete Morsch » Tue May 07, 2013 8:54 am

Our intrepid calendar-updating volunteer discovered an issue while attempting to add events to our construction calendar - issues that only seem to crop up on her machine/under her account. These same issues don't surface on my machine/my account, so that leads me to believe that it might be a permissions type issue, perhaps, or maybe a CiviCRM update that she didn't get included on but I did (or vice versa)? Anyway, the issue is this:

When she logs in to add a new event, a message under the "campaigns" section warns that there are "no active campaigns currently" and asks if she want to add campaigns. She has never had to take that step before... (don't know if that has anything to do with the following issue or not).

In the "New Event" screen, she'll try to apply an "event template" but when she does that, the textbox/wysiwyg editor for editing the "complete description" is completely missing! Additionally, the "registration page" tab details are different as well (they show up with some of the template's content, but it's all muddled with weird spacing and HTML tags and stuff).

Very strange. What can we do?
Pete Morsch

Re: Event Template - Missing Information

Postby Madelynn » Tue May 07, 2013 9:18 am

The message about no active campaigns/add one here is due to CiviCampaign being enabled in the upgrade. If you don't plan on creating any campaigns, you can turn this feature off by going to:

Administer --> System Settings --> Enable CiviCRM Components
From the listing on the right hand side, scroll down and select CiviCampaign
Click the Disable button and then click Save

As for the description field not showing and funky registration tabs/HTML stuff, I just flushed all caches. If this doesn't solve the problem, what browser/version is she using?
Madelynn
Site Admin

Postby Pete Morsch » Thu May 09, 2013 6:28 am

I went in and disabled campaigns. Then I got a message that I really should upgrade to CiviCRM 4.3.something... and register my site. Can I go ahead and do that without screwing things up?

As for the calendar issues, Annette uses IE and Chrome; she's checking to see if the cache flush cleared up the problem. More soon. thanks, Madelynn.
Pete Morsch

Postby Pete Morsch » Thu May 09, 2013 6:36 am

I went in and disabled campaigns. Then I got a message that I really should upgrade to CiviCRM 4.3.something... and register my site. Can I go ahead and do that without screwing things up? sub question - I am supposedly running Drupal 6.28 - is there an upgraded drupal as well? I think I remember you guys issuing something that said we're not making the switch to Drupal 7 just yet... just wanna make sure we're getting the latest and greatest!

As for the calendar issues, Annette uses IE and Chrome; she's checking to see if the cache flush cleared up the problem. I've switched (back) to firefox - after Chrome provided a long string of small headaches. More soon. thanks, Madelynn.
Pete Morsch

Postby Madelynn » Thu May 09, 2013 7:04 am

Pete,

We are responsible for upgrading both CiviCRM and Drupal and it is not something you can do. We just performed an upgrade of CiviCRM from 4.1.5 to 4.2.9. We don't want to upgrade to 4.3 yet because it was just released. It is our policy to wait a month or two until CCRM developers work out bugs. With respect to upgrading to Drupal 7 from 6, we're in the planning stages. This is a heavy-duty undertaking. Upgrading from a major version is serious business. One of the issues is that certain modules Gingerfeet is using have not yet been upgraded to version 7. With our last maintenance we did perform the most recent upgrade(s) for Drupal 6.

With respect to browsers, you should not be having issues with either Firefox or Chrome. Internet Explorer has the most issues, especially in earlier versions (prior to 9 or 10) because browser compliance was not an issue for Microsoft and therefore caused majors issues for most web designers/developers. If Annette can stay away from IE, it may solve her issues. Keep me in the loop.
Madelynn
Site Admin

Postby Pete Morsch » Thu May 09, 2013 7:18 am

Right on. I will NOT do any upgrading! Thanks for handling!

I'll pass the word to Annette RE: IE.
Pete Morsch

Return to CiviCRM How To