Message Templates

Get your CiviCRM questions answered here!

Message Templates

Postby anne » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:12 am

I would like to copy and paste the following verbage to appear at the bottom of the general thank you letter. I would like it to be justified to the left margin of the body of the letter yet appear in a slightly smaller font.

Please advise us if you would not like your name listed on our donor’s page in our newsletter.

This letter is your official receipt for your contribution. In accordance with IRS requirements, we confirm that you received no goods or services, privileges or benefits in return for this gift. A copy of our current financial statement is available on request by writing to: Harford Habitat for Humanity, 205 Hays Street, Bel Air, MD 21014 or by calling (410) 638-4434. Documents filed under the MD Charitable Solicitations Act can be obtained from the Secretary of State; State House; Annapolis, MD 21401 for the cost of copying and postage.
anne

Re: Message Templates

Postby Vanessa » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:54 pm

Hi Anne,

This is going to require a little bit of HTML/CSS....hmmm....OK. I'm now looking at your General Thank You template and it looks like you did it! :P You rock, baby! It looks like you dug in and copied the <div> code to the bottom of the page? You're ding dang close! The reason the text is indenting further is that the <div> at the top has a margin and by copying it you were essentially doubling the margin...does this make any sense?

All you really had to do was type your paragraphs and change the font size like you did, the go into the source code (which is probably what you did eventually) and put the small type copy just above the closing </div> tag, like this:

<p>
<span style="font-size: 10px;">Please advise us if you would not like your name listed on our donor&#39;s page in our newsletter.</span></p>
<p>
<span style="font-size: 10px;">This letter is your official receipt for your contribution. In accordance with IRS requirements, we confirm that you received no goods or services, privileges or benefits in return for this gift. A copy of our current financial statement is available on request by writing to: Harford Habitat for Humanity, 205 Hays Street, Bel Air, MD 21014 or by calling (410) 638-4434. Documents filed under the MD Charitable Solicitations Act can be obtained from the Secretary of State; State House; Annapolis, MD 21401 for the cost of copying and postage</span></p>

I know...I know....Mr. Wizard, I don't want to be a programmer!

Does this help or make sense? I did remove the extra opening and closing <div> tags and the text is now left aligned.
Vanessa
Site Admin

Postby H4H » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:09 am

You figured us out :D That is exactly what we did and got stumped at the margin. After looking at it for hours, the coding all looked the same.Now if we could just figure out how to set up the templates with the date..........we would be in bizznezz......
H4H

Postby anne » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:09 am

Can you please look at it the general ty template one more time? All we need now is to take the bottom verbage "This letter.....and postage." to appear with no spacing between the lines. I tried but was unsuccessful.
anne

Postby Vanessa » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:51 pm

Hi Anne,

It looks like you figured this out? I see the 8px line-height in the <span> and when I tested a PDF letter in my contact record, it looks pretty darn good! So you're good on this question?

I did modify the code just a bit to put the style="" in the <p> tag rather than using the <span> - just streamlines the code a bit so that things can move a little faster.

Let me know if you're groovy on this or if I'm missing something.

Best,
Vanessa
Vanessa
Site Admin

Postby Vanessa » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:06 pm

BTW, on the Date Insert Token...you might be getting your wish sometime soon! ;)
Vanessa
Site Admin

Postby anne » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:10 am

How are we doing on the Date Insert Token?
anne

Postby Vanessa » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:14 am

Hi Anne,

Still working on this one. It should be available in the next upgrade.

Vanessa
Vanessa
Site Admin

Postby kbernard » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:31 am

Hi Vanessa,
I was sure that I had an auto-reply message after an interest form was generated. I can't seem to locate it. Is that because I am looking in the wrong place?
kbernard

Postby Madelynn » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:09 am

Hi Kassi,

I took a look at both your Volunteer and Homeowner registration forms. You are redirecting users to a special page for each. For example, the Homeowner registration form redirects to a Housing Interest Profile Confirmation page.

You can look this page up in Content Management --> Content Management Filter.

Best,
Madelynn
Madelynn
Site Admin

Return to CiviCRM How To