Created a page, saved in navigation but can't find page on s

Get your Drupal questions answered here!

Created a page, saved in navigation but can't find page on s

Postby Pulaski » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:16 am

I created a page in the navigation menu and I created the page "Thrivent Builds 2012" with the press release regarding the build as the page's content. How do I get that page to go under the "Construction" tab in the navigation menu? I can see where I create it in the Primary Links menu but when I go to our live page, it doesn't show up.
Pulaski

Re: Created a page, saved in navigation but can't find page

Postby Madelynn » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:08 am

Hi Pulaski (Susie?)

I took a look at your pages and see that you have two. One page has the URL Path Settings set to:

www.habitatpulaski.org/construction/

and the other is

www.habitatpulaski.org/construction/thrivent_2012

The page with "thrivent_2012" is correct (almost). Delete the page you created that just has the URL Path Setting "/construction". This page will conflict with your main Construction page.

Now go to Site Building --> Menus --> List Menus -->Primary Links and delete the menu item you created there. Then go back to the page with the correct URL Path Setting: /construction/thrivent_2012 (by the way, you do not need to use the absolute path in this setting -- http://www.habitatpulaski.org is not necessary. Just use "construction/thrivent_2012") and click on the Menu Settings link right under the Title. Type in your Menu Title, choose where you want the menu item to be placed in the Parent Item dropdown and give it a weight (or you can now go back to Site Building --> Menus --> List Menus -->Primary Links and reorder them there easily.

Madelynn

PS: As this is a Drupal issue and not a technical issue, I'm going to move this post to the Drupal How-to forum
Madelynn
Site Admin

Postby Pulaski » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:44 pm

I keep doing that but, when I refresh the site and I hover over "Construction," I don't see the "Thrivent Builds 2012" as a drop down... That's what I keep getting hung up on =(
Pulaski

Postby Madelynn » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:35 pm

Hi Pulaski,

If you look at your page, you have set the menu item to appear under <Navigation>. This is a bit confusing. The Navigation menu includes every menu item in your site, even administrative links and is not enabled to show up anywhere within your page.

You must choose the "Parent" item as <Primary Links>. The menu item will then appear where you want it under your horizontal navigation bar across the page.

1. Under the Parent Item dropdown on your page, you'll see you've chosen --Construction, but it you look up a bit, you'll see the parent item is <Navigation>.

2. Scroll down further until you see <Primary Links> then choose --Construction underneath that.

Your menu item will now show up!

Madelynn
Madelynn
Site Admin

Return to Drupal How To