re Captcha

Get your Drupal questions answered here!

re Captcha

Postby Deb McGinley » Mon May 21, 2012 6:39 am

When test-driving an event, reCaptcha doesn't seem to be functioning properly.

--Error Message: Input text must match the phrase in the image. Please review the image and re-enter matching text.

When caching Drupal the following messages show in red:
--The following enabled modules are incompatible with aggressive mode caching and will not function properly: admin_menu, autologout.
--Warning: the CAPTCHA module will disable the caching of pages that contain a CAPTCHA.

I'm guessing that caching has something to do with the reCaptcha error but I've been unable to figure it out.

Help please.

Deb McGinley
Office Manager
HFH of Greater Centre County
Bellefonte PA
Deb McGinley

Re: re Captcha

Postby Madelynn » Tue May 22, 2012 4:44 am

Hi Deb,

Did you turn off caching on your site? Or were you trying to turn it on? If you were trying to turn it on, you cannot choose "Aggressive" caching due to the fact that it is not compatible with the modules listed in your error message below. Also, aggressive caching is for experts only. Please choose "Normal" if you're trying to turn it on.

I have figured out the problem you've been having with Recaptcha on your events. Many times you are gathering information from several profiles. For example, your Motorcycle Run event runs three different profiles: Contact Information, New Individual and T-Shirt Sizes. Recaptcha is turned on for all three. You only need turn on recaptcha for Contact Information and New Individual. T-Shirt Size is used in conjunction with one of the two listed previously. I think what is happening is that one recaptcha is laying over atop the other, so the user is only solving one recaptcha (because a user can't see the other). When I turned off recaptcha on the T-Shirt Size profile, the test-drive works fine. So in the future, make sure when using multiple profiles, that recaptcha is not turned on for all. And you may want to consider turning if off for New Individual so a registrant does not have to solve a recaptcha with every participant they register.

Madelynn
Madelynn
Site Admin

Return to Drupal How To