Clearing caches but edits to site are not showing up

Get your Drupal questions answered here!

Clearing caches but edits to site are not showing up

Postby Pulaski » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:59 am

Hi there,
For the last two weeks now, I will make an edit to a page, gallery or something else on the site and clear the cached data so the changes will take effect. However, unless I am logged in- I don't see any of the changes I've made.

Please advise!
Pulaski

Re: Clearing caches but edits to site are not showing up

Postby Madelynn » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:35 pm

This is definitely a site cache issue. You are clearing the site cache, not just your browser cache, correct?

Site Configuration --> Performance --> Clear Cached Data button at the bottom of the page?
Madelynn
Site Admin

Postby Pulaski » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:37 am

Correct. I am going to performance and clicking the button at the bottom of the page.

When I am logged in, I see the edits just fine but, when I visit the page and am not logged in none of the edits are there.
Pulaski

Postby Madelynn » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:18 am

Can you point me to the page(s) where you've made edits and can see them while logged in?
This is a very typical cache problem, so I need to have specifics.
Did you try clearing your browser cache and refreshing your screen as well?
Do you have an additional browser to view your site and see if this is happening there as well?
Madelynn
Site Admin

Postby Pulaski » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:55 pm

Madelynn,
I am making the edits to our home page as well as the "current builds" page which is under the Construction tab on the nav bar.
I have cleared site caches and browser caches and restarted the browser and computer. I have visited the site on IE and still don't see the edits unless I am logged in then, I see all the edits I've made.

Does this help? I can take screen shots and try and upload them so you can see the difference between my logged in "view" and when I'm just visiting the site and am not logged in.

Thanks!
Pulaski

Postby Madelynn » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:17 am

Hi Susie,

I'm looking at your Home page and your Current Builds page in both Firefox and IE, logged in and not, and they are the same. This may not be a website issue, but one of your local computer. Have you tried looking at the site on another computer or in another browser?

Madelynn
Madelynn
Site Admin

Postby Pulaski » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:48 am

I've viewed them on my phone and iPad and both work show the changes as of today so I'm assuming we're good to go. I'm still having the same issue with this computer but, I don't understand why it's doing that. As long as its working is all that matters.
Pulaski

Postby Madelynn » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:39 pm

It sounds like for some reason, the browser cache on that computer is not clearing.
Madelynn
Site Admin

Return to Drupal How To