Trying to edit our event page

Get your Drupal questions answered here!

Trying to edit our event page

Postby Pulaski » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:03 pm

I am trying to edit our events landing page and I can't... I've obviously done it before but there must be something I'm forgetting this time because I'm logged in and when I go to the page, I don't see an option to edit it nor do I see the CiviCRM or Drupal Menus at the top of the page. Please help!
Pulaski

Re: Trying to edit our event page

Postby Madelynn » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:28 pm

For some reason, your Events page is not falling behind the SSL, which is why you cannot see the View and Edit buttons when you navigate to the page, even though you are logged in. You can edit the page, though, by an indirect route:

1. From the Admin Menu go to Content Management --> Content Management Filter
2. Search for the Events page by choosing Title/Subject and typing in "events" in the field
3. Click Filter. Your Events page will be returned.
4. On the right hand side, under Operations, click Edit.

You'll now be able to edit and save your page.

And I will do some troubleshooting with the SSL problem and alert you when it is resolved.

Madelynn
Madelynn
Site Admin

Re: Trying to edit our event page

Postby Madelynn » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:33 am

Hi Susie,

The reason your Events page was not falling behind the SSL is because the page was hard-coded with "http://". When inputting a URL for the page, always just set the URL Path Setting field for the page same as the Title, or leave it blank. We have implemented an Automatic Alias feature, which will create the URL for you automatically based on the page title.

All fixed, though!

Madelynn
Madelynn
Site Admin

Return to Drupal How To