Scrolling Slideshow of Sponsor Logos

Get your Drupal questions answered here!

Scrolling Slideshow of Sponsor Logos

Postby Pete Morsch » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:40 pm

I don't know if I've asked after this before...

I would like to have a scrolling slide show of sponsor logos on the home page, a way to draw folks into the "Partners" page, and also a way to keep our partners happy!

I've seen some chatter on other forums about "Views" and "Jcarousel" modules to accomplish this - but, try as they might to sound approachable, there is no way that I can follow the "simple" instructions for posting one up on our site. Have others had success with this or some other type of scrolling slideshow?
Pete Morsch

Re: Scrolling Slideshow of Sponsor Logos

Postby Madelynn » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:27 pm

The way to do this would either be through a View or something like a JQuery carousel. Probably a bit beyond a typical users skill-set. We could build one for you. Would you like to get an estimate?

Madelynn
Madelynn
Site Admin

Postby Pete Morsch » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:18 pm

Yes. That'd be great, especially if we could use the same tool throughout the site (for picture slideshows, construction update images). So, Ideally, it would be something that we could drop into an article and fill up/swap out content as needed. I've seen pretty versions, some of which are listed here: http://www.pixelzdesign.com/blog_view.php?id=55. Let me know what that would take!
Pete Morsch

Postby Pete Morsch » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:26 pm

Also, it probably ought to be one of the clickable ones, for our sponsors' sake (so that folks watching sponsor logos spin round and round can click on them and be transported to sponsor websites). Dig?
Pete Morsch

Postby Madelynn » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:14 am

Yep, I dig. :-)
Madelynn
Site Admin

Return to Drupal How To