How do I upload and position an image?

Get your Drupal questions answered here!

How do I upload and position an image?

Postby Conrad » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:52 pm

I'd like to add an image to one of my pages. There must be a way to upload these files. Can you fill me in?

Each of your pages contains a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor, called CK Editor. You can easily upload images, as well as other documents to your site.

1. Click on the Edit button on a page
  2. On the CK Editor, click on the IMCE button (it is the last button in the second row of buttons)
  3. From the IMCE Dialog Box, choose the images directory on the left (this tells IMCE to upload your document to the images folder)
  4. At the top of IMCE, click Upload (this will open File Upload)
  5. Click Browse to upload your image
  6. Click on Resize to resize the image for the web and maintain the aspect ratio
  7. Once the upload and resize is complete, click Insert File. Your image will be placed on the page at the point where your cursor was located. (So you may want to position the cursor where you want the image to be placed first!)

Once your image has been uploaded, you can manipulate it in several different ways, i.e., float the image to the left or right of text. Here's how:

1. Make sure your image is selected in your editing window
  2. On the CK Editor, click on the Image button (seven buttons from the right on the first row of buttons)
  3. From the Image Dialog Box image info tab (default) choose Left or Right from the Align drop-down field.

Choosing Left or Right will "float" your image respectively and wrap text around your image.
Conrad
Site Admin

Return to Drupal How To