GALLERY PHOTO EDITING

Get your Drupal questions answered here!

GALLERY PHOTO EDITING

Postby Deb McGinley » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:54 am

How do I add/edit photos in a photo album?
Deb McGinley

Re: GALLERY PHOTO EDITING

Postby Madelynn » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:07 pm

To add photos, click the Add Photo link from the bottom of the Album page. You can't really replace (edit) photos. You can delete photos no longer needed and replace them by adding new ones. To delete photos from an Album (or gallery) you must search for them in your content list. Each image in a photo gallery is a page (or node) of information. Here's how:

1. From your Admin menu, click on Content Management --> Content Management Filter
2. Filter your content on Node Type --> Image
3. Checkmark the images you wish to delete from the list
4. Select Delete (or Unpublish) from the Update Options dropdown and then click the Update button

You'll need to confirm your deletions. You can then add new photos to the Album/Gallery.
Madelynn
Site Admin

Postby Deb McGinley » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:48 am

Got it . . . added photos. But now I want to re-order them to put them in order by construction phase. How do I accomplish this?
Deb McGinley

Postby Madelynn » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:21 am

The photo galleries are sorted by creation date in descending order, meaning the most recent galleries will be at the top of the list. Because the galleries are generated dynamically, you cannot reorder them manually. You must create them in the order you wish to present them in. This is true for both the galleries and the individual photos within them.
Madelynn
Site Admin

Postby Deb McGinley » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:59 am

Bummer. But it is what it is. Thanks Madelynn.

Also for photos, the last column of photos is cut off by the block(s). How can I remove the block(s) from these specific pages? I did it on the Galleries page but can't seem to get rid of the Upcoming Events block on the two albums.

P.S. When I log onto this forum, I always check "Log me on automatically each visit". But each visit I have to re-enter my user name and password. What am I doing wrong?
Deb McGinley

Postby Madelynn » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:28 am

I see you've added the URL to the exception list of pages to all right sidebar blocks, but I have a couple of suggestions:

1. Do not use any type of symbol other than an underscore (_) in your URL paths. For the PA13 gallery you had parentheses around PA13 in the URL path. I removed these.

2. Instead of listing each photo album separately from the block exception list, you can add gallery/*. The asterisk is a wildcard character. As long as you use gallery/your_album_name as your URL path, all galleries will recognize the exception. I added this exception to your block for you.
Madelynn
Site Admin

Postby Madelynn » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:30 am

Also, about the Forum not logging you in automatically:

It take a few seconds for the forum to do this. Are you waiting a bit before logging in? I'm not having any trouble with the auto-login feature.
Madelynn
Site Admin

Return to Drupal How To